Monday, May 18, 2015

Taking Your Own Car to Kutton, or Not?

TA Asked

Dear Muzzammil,
 
I am planning to visit Kashmir with my family, hence, I am looking for some current information about the situation and road conditions.
 
In this regard, I came across your Blog named Muzzammil's Travels and glad to know your detailed info about the Valleys.

In fact, I once crossed Noori Nar Peak around 16500 ft from Athhmukam to Jalkhad Kaghan Valley and in the mean time I visited Kel cantonment area too in 1988.

It's long time passed so I wanna know the current information of the area.

I am intending to visit Kutton, Kundal Shahi (Jagran Resort) by my Corolla XLI Car in June.
I would like you to please share your experience and guidance.
 
Is it possible to reach Kutton by car?

Thanks

TA
 
Muzzammil Replied

Dear TA

Thanks for your email and visiting my travel blog.

Yes, it is possible to visit Kutton by your own car, and most people do that way. Sometimes, due to rain and landsliding, which can happen anytime, Kutton - Kundal Shahi road gets blocked and takes time to get restored for vehicular traffic. This was what happened with us during our visit last time. To avoid this, one can park their car in Kundal Shahi. Regular taxis (cars) are available easily from Kundal Shahi to Kutton, and even if there is a landslide, one can cross over without much problems, like we did.

You can even reach Kutton, Jagran Resort, by you own car and then send/take the car downhill to Kundal Shahi for parking as there is no need of a car as such when in Kutton. For visiting Jagran Power House one needs a four-wheeler anyways.

Also, when we visited, the resort staff warned in advance about the flood, so people with their own cars had enough time to leave the place.

I believe you are aware of the advanced booking procedure for Jagran Resort.

These are my two cents worth.

Regards

Muzzammil

No comments:

Post a Comment