Sunday, January 4, 2015

A Czech Wants to Visit the Makran Coastal Highway

Asked

Dear Muzzammil,

I have read your very interesting and valuable posts on your blog and on LP Thorn Tree. Thanks a lot for posting for all the travel community.

I fly to Karachi next week and my plan is to hire a car and go by Makran Coastal Highway to Gwadar and back (I do not have much time). I thought no special permit is needed for this trip but now I am not sure. Would you please know what is the situation? Do I need any special permit other than visa?

Thanks a lot and if you ever visit Prague, Czech Republic, let me know.

Regards

Replied

Dear D
Thanks for your email and your kind words about my posts. I'm glad that you are visiting Pakistan.
Makran Coastal Highway offers great scenery and untouched beaches. Definitely worth going, Hiring a car is probably the next big way to do it after self driving. So it is a go, imo.
Regarding the permit, I do not know of any such requirement for Gwadar. However, I can understand where you are coming from. Even if there is no requirement still then there is a chance that security forces might bug you on the way and try to stop you as well. They will be more interested in knowing your purpose of visit and 'only for the sake of traveling' might not be a convincing reason for them. However, if there is some 'business' then they might be more understanding.
Unless there is a specific reason for you to go all the way to Gwadar, I may suggest an alternate. One can make a day trip to Buzi Pass and then return back to Karachi by evening. This will be almost half way to Gwadar and most of the enroute wonders could be covered until this place.
And thanks for your kind offer regarding Prague, which is indeed a beautiful place and on my list from some time. Hopefully I will be visiting some time in the near future.
 
Happy travels
Muzzammil

No comments:

Post a Comment